CBD oil is a popular product that, over the last few years, has become more and more mainstream. One of the most interesting ways to use CBD oil is topical, where it can be applied directly to your skin. If you are interested in using topical CBD oil for any reason, then this article will give you some great tips on how to do so.
Knowing What Topical CBD Is
As the name implies, topical CBD is when you apply your oil directly to your skin. While many people think of this as a way to get into your bloodstream and reap the benefits that way (which it does), there are some other great reasons why using CBD topically can be beneficial for you.
One of the most popular reasons why people prefer topical CBD oil is because it works well for the skin. While there are many benefits to using this method, including moisturizing your skin and helping with acne, one of the best things that it can do for you is help with rashes or other conditions where your body becomes sensitive to various substances.
The benefits of topical CBD vary. These are:
- Helps with acne
- Moisturizes your skin
- Can help relieve joint pain and swelling and other conditions but you need to be careful about what comes into contact with your skin. If the CBD oil contains a high enough concentration of CBD, then it can also offer various health benefits as well.
There are a lot of topical CBD oil products that you can choose from like:
- Lotions: These are similar to the CBD lotion you can put on your skin, except it comes in a much larger container.
- Balms: These are great for people who have really dry skin because they tend to be very moisturizing.
- Salves: This is usually made with added ingredients that help penetrate the skin more deeply, which makes it good if you have rough or calloused skin.
- Oils: This is one of the more popular options because they are easy to apply and work well for most people who use them regularly. Plus, some topical CBD oils come with added ingredients like lavender oil which can help promote relaxation as well.
Read more: CBD Oil for Hair Loss
How to Apply Topical CBD Oil Effectively
There are a few different ways that you can apply your topical CBD oil, and it depends on what kind of product you’re using. Some people like the liquid oils because they come in larger containers and work well for anyone who uses them regularly, whereas other people prefer something with added ingredients like lotions, balms, and salves.
The best thing about using CBD oil topically is that it’s incredibly easy to use and works fast too. You can easily apply your product right after a shower when the skin on your body is well absorbed into your pores, or you can simply put some of the liquid onto a cotton ball or pad and rub it into your skin.
Read more: CBD Oil for Period Pain
Knowing What Oral CBD Oil Is
Oral CBD oil is also known as tinctures because it’s generally in the form of a liquid that you put under your tongue. While many people prefer using topical CBD products, there are some benefits to taking oral CBD oil, which include:
- The bioavailability of oral CBD can be increased by up to six times
- You can take it with or without food
- It typically has a stronger effect than topical CBD products
- It’s a great way to help treat nausea as well as other conditions that cause you to feel sick or have an upset stomach.
There are also different types of products that oral CBD comes in like:
- Capsules: This is one of the best options because it’s easy to take and usually comes in a smaller container that you can easily carry with you. Plus, since most people prefer capsules over liquids, this gives them peace of mind as well.
- Sprays: These are great for anyone who has problems swallowing pills or doesn’t want to take capsules.
- Tinctures: This is another popular option because you can easily apply it under your tongue, and the effects are usually fast-acting as well. Plus, since tinctures come in small bottles, they’re easy to carry around too.
Read more: CBD Oil Migraines: Best Brands
How to Take Oral CBD Oil Effectively
When it comes to taking oral CBD oil, there are a few different ways that you can do it, which include:
- Use the dropper and place the liquid under your tongue
- Mix with water or another drink like juice or tea before swallowing
- Swallow capsules whole without chewing them up first
The best way to take your CBD oil is simply to place it under your tongue and let the liquid absorb directly into your bloodstream. This can make you feel better faster because of how quickly it works, although it does take longer for the effects to kick in compared to other products that are taken orally.
Read more: CBD Oil for Asthma: Can It Help?
Can I Use Oral CBD on My Skin?
If you are asking, “can you use oral CBD oil topically?” well, you are not alone. A lot of CBD users are also interested in whether they can use their oral CBD on their skin. The answer is yes. And, why not? Because this will help you to get all of the benefits and properties that CBD oil can provide.
When it comes to topical use, there are a lot of advantages: your skin gets moisture; it feels nice and soft; while at the same time absorbs everything from inside out.
Just make sure that the oral CBD product you are using is safe for the skin. Read the label carefully. And it is even better if you can consult a doctor first. This way, you will know exactly what you are doing and prevent any possible side effects.
The Wrap Up
So, to answer your question: yes, CBD oil taken orally can be used topically as well. But you have to make sure that the product is safe for use on the skin and isn’t too thick or greasy, so it absorbs properly into your body.